Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

My group was waiting for me right inside the gate and of course as soon as I saw them I knew they were going to start asking questions so I stopped them with “I don’t want to talk about it right now.  I want to get to our hotel, take a long hot shower, and eat some pizza.  Then I will talk about it.”  It was a quiet ride to the hotel even though we all managed to squeeze our stuff in the trunk and all of us in one taxi.  So glad it was only a fifteen minute ride to the hotel. 

We had three rooms, two to a room.  Professor Hill and Randell Marker shared a room.  Bella Stromherst and Jan Mallard shared a room.  And I shared a room with Staria.  Just Staria, no last name; or so she claims.  Now she is a flamboyant one, let me tell you.  She has neon green hair and wears these multi-colorful, flouncy moo moo outfits that look great on her.  No make-up, not that she needs any at all with her fresh and pretty face!  When I stand next to her, I feel like a toad and she is a butterfly. 

Do you realize that toads eat butterflies?  Hahaha!  Ok, I do like her and we get along grandly.  And she doesn’t think I look like a toad.   She is also hilarious!  Staria is a grad student and her work involves plant-animal interactions. 

When I got out of my LONG HOT shower, she already had ice in our bucket, soda pop’s out of the vending machine, and the pizza ordered.

“Hurry up and get dressed, the rest will be here in five minutes and the pizza will be here in three.”

Did I mention that she was very efficient and people underestimate her all the time?  Oh and she is like a billionth degree black belt in some obscure martial arts?  We go to the same studio though she calls it a “dōjō”?

“And yes we have all already googled you and found the story from last year.”

Oh great, so they all already knew I could fly and talk to animals. 

“Any video’s from the plane online yet?”

“Seven.”  Crap!


“But don’t worry, you aren't showing any VIP parts so not many will watch them.”  I rolled my eyes at that… but she did have a point.  I decided I wasn't gonna let the situation ruin any more of my day because I love pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)