Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

How could I say “no” to that angelic face?  That eager smile?  I couldn’t so I handed her a few seeds and showed her how to plant them.  I made sure I handled all the seeds before giving them to her.  She was a good helper and planted a full flat before her mom found her.  She begged to be allowed to come back and help but her mom just said “we’ll see” which we all know means “no way.”  

Then Kassie said something I did not expect her to say, she looked at her mom and asked if she could be my 
apprentice.  I guess that was something she had learned by being homeschooled.  Clever little girl and very smart, she 
definitely knows how to work her mom. 


So that is how Kassie came to be my apprentice for the rest of the summer up until I was to begin college in the fall.   And her being so smart and all, it did not take her long to discover my ‘talents’.  Thankfully she swore to secrecy because she loved helping me refine them so much.  She became a good friend of mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)