Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I don’t know why I have three powers.  Maybe it is because they are all low key and not any MegaPower like some of those that I’ve been reading about and seeing on TV have.  Maybe it has something to do with me never being some over achiever or something.  My Aunt Becca and I have talked about it and she thinks that it is because I’m a gentle soul so I have gentle powers.  And the cosmos gave me three to make up for them being so tame and gentle.  

Maybe, I don’t know.  All I know is that I’m going to keep them private and work on fine tuning them.  Especially since I made all the weeds grow.  Yes I can help plants grow.  That is my third power.  I was out weeding in my Aunt’s flower and herb beds and I touched a couple of plants but did not pull them.  I was trying to decide if they were a weed or not because they were still pretty small.  

And the next morning they were full grown and yes they were weeds. 

My Aunt had me out in the hay field touching all the hay. I guess there had been a drought going on and it wasn’t growing well.  It took me three days to go through that entire field and the hay I touched the first day was up to my shoulder and starting to seed out by the third day.

Now that did seem to tire me out something fierce and I was not able to do much of anything for two whole days except for sleep, eat, and drink. 
 

During that time I watched a lot of TV, mostly news stories on the Affected.  It seems the same “mega-affected” were in the news but there were a few stories about someone who has not yet been identified ‘popping’ into a situation and then popping out.  Literally!  This one story was on how a guy was going to jump off some bridge and this Hero just popped in and grabbed the guy, they both fell off the bridge but then they “popped out” and disappeared before they hit the water.  Later the fella that was going to kill himself just appeared to some cops.  I’d love to meet that hero someday.  He seems to want to remain unknown like I do.  He wears a weird ski mask hat thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)