Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I guess I should tell you a bit about myself so I’ll begin with my name, it’s Dani, which is a short version of my Native American name: Dancing Wind.  I know, sounds ridiculous right?  Well my parents are HUGE traditional people of The People.  I know all the traditions of my tribe.  But I’m not going to bore you with all that baggage.  Nor all the harassment I received in school and the horrible nicknames, like “Breaking Wind” and such.

I do live, strike that: DID live on a reservation but I start college this fall, so my new home is with my Aunt on her ranch.  I was actually on my way here when “The Event” occurred. 


I love my Aunt’s ranch which is called “Paradise” and it really is.  It’s not a huge ranch only about 400 acres in the Ozarks.  And it’s close enough to the College where I’ll be going, that I can live off campus but my scholarship includes room and board so I’ll stay on campus during the week but come to my aunt’s on the weekends.  At least I hope that is still my plan.  But I’m not sure right now what is going to happen.   I mean I’m getting a handle on being able to talk to animals and understand their answers but now it seems that something else is happening to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)