Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

How could I help people?  That thought had been rattling around in my head for several days.  I did want to help where I could; I was just not finding where that “where” was. 

Then came the day when Professor Hill, my botany adviser and teacher, announced a trip to Washington DC to see the Botanical Gardens.  The trip would be over five days and during spring break.

I was kind of scared since I was not sure what my presence in the gardens would do to all those plants over five days but then the mischievous side of me began to emerge. 
One of the plants that were being studied here at the college was Kudzu.  I’m not sure if you know what that is but it is a very invasive plant here in the south and many are trying to find ways to eradicate it.  Now the poor plant has a bad reputation which it may deserve but it is also a very beneficial plant.  The young shoots can be eaten and they are finding that this plant may have some serious benefits when it comes to our health.  But it does grow quite quickly on its own. 

This got me to wondering how it would grow with a little nudge from me.  Which of course got me to thinking about WHERE it could grow – and I was going to be in Washington DC for five whole days.  And the botanical gardens were just a few blocks from some certain places that I personally thought could benefit from some expanded ‘greenery’. 


Maybe I will end up being one of those “super villains” after all.  Nah, my abilities are not powerful enough.  But my plan would be a test of them.  And that is how I convinced myself to “go” with “operation: tangled up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)