Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I was busted about a month later.  By a six year old first grader.  Haha!  I should have been more careful around her, the silly little brat!  But I love her!  “She” is Kassie who I met when her class came out to the Ranch for a school field trip.  Seems my Aunt Becca decided to make arrangements for the local home-schoolers to come visit.  I knew about it all, of course, and even helped her plan it all.    

I had thought this last group was gone and I was in one of the greenhouses planting some seeds for fall planting.  Kassie had managed to ditch her little group and found herself in the same greenhouse.  She noticed that the seeds I planted sprouted about twenty minutes later.  I didn’t notice her until she spoke up. 

“Why are these growing so fast?” she asked me.

Startled, I really just stood there like a fish out of water.  I didn’t know what to say. 

She cocked her head to side and just looked at me like I was an idiot or something. 

I managed to croak out “these are special seeds, something I’m testing and really don’t want anyone to know about, emm ok?”


She blinked a few times and then finally said “ok I won’t tell anyone…if I can help you.”  See? A smart little brat! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)