Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Friday, August 1, 2014

The Affected: Dancing Wind Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

To say I was angry was an understatement.  I was LIVID.  As soon as I was awake enough, I thoroughly searched the room, even floating up to the ceiling and inspecting every single inch of the place.  There was a camera that I immediately disabled by pulling it out of the wall.  The walls were cinder blocks and painted a dull white.  The only break in the walls was the solid steel door.  The ceiling had one light and two small air ducts.

The building was old though I could tell because when I pulled the camera out of the wall, some of the cinder block crumbled.  I could not really make the hole bigger with my finger but it just felt old.  But there were also a lot of cracks showing not only along the floor but on the walls.  It reminded me of a store I saw once in California where there had been a lot of earthquakes.  I remember asking my dad who briefly worked there, why were there so many cracks and he explained that they were caused by earthquakes.  The walls only held strong due to the rebar and filling in of the cinder blocks but the paint and mortar would crack.  Then he went on for fifteen minutes about the benefits of stucco. 

I also found a microphone hidden in the bed frame.  It was tucked in the corner.  I smashed that also.  I counted the seconds to see how long it took someone to come to the room.  Their monitors must be close by since I only got to 55 hippopotamus.   That is right, I do not say Mississippi.   So their room is probably right next door. 

I wish I could say that I fought my way out of the room but alas I failed in that.  I did try but I swear that the guy they sent with the geeks was made of stone and I would have hurt myself if he had not restrained me.  He was gentle about it, I have to give him that… he could have snapped me in half like a twig. 

“I’ll just rip them out again! “ I yelled as loud as I could. 

“Then we will restrain you.”

“oh yeah? Then what are you going to watch?”

I could feel that mountain holding me trying to not laugh.

“I’ve got rights!  You have no right to hold me here against my will!”

“We are holding you under the Patriot Act, so you have no rights.”

“So you are declaring me an enemy of the country?”

“Basically.”

“Well then I hope you are ready for a war because that is what you are going to get!”  I then shut up and just watched them.  The big guy finally set me down but he kept his hands on my shoulders.  I think the thought I would try to float away or something.  But I refused to use my abilities in their presence. 

Finally they were done and I was alone again and I promptly busted the camera and microphone again.  And then I slid the bed in front of the door.  The room was so small that it was only an inch or two longer than the bed. 

I sat on the bed and began to call.  

Ok, since I really had no idea where I was, I didn’t really know which kind of animal to call and I was not like Tarzan who could make one call and all the animals would heed it. 

So I called the ONLY group of “animals” I KNEW would be around. 


Bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)