Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to the stories I've written over the years. Sometimes I get some time and add a story. Grab a hot cup of something and enjoy!

Please note that for some reason, blogger is NOT allowing me to post on any comments. So thank you for reading and know I do read all the comments but cannot reply.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Small Town Survival -Twenty Six

26

Sandra took another deep breath and continued with her story.

“When I got to St. Jude’s there was fighting everywhere, I mistakenly thought that the good guys were inside. So I tried to slip inside. Big mistake! The bad guys had already taken over and were simply trying to kill everyone that had got away. The shots coming from outside were from those trying to cover the doctors and the last of the patients escape! When I realized what a fool I was, I tried immediately to get out of there. And I almost made it unscathed. But just as I got out the door, one of the punks saw me and opened fire. I tried to duck and roll to get behind a car that was close by, but as you can see I didn’t quite make it. The bullet went through my kidney. The doctors think that with proper care, I’ll be ok. But Sam, no matter what I want to go home!” she declared with tears running down her cheeks.

Sam hugged his wife and gave her comfort and reassurance that they were going home right now. He poked his head out the door and hollered at a passing nurse. “Do ya’all have any clothes for my wife?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I still am not able to reply to comments. I don't know what happened. But thank you all for reading my stories! I really appreciate the feedback. :)